Sunday, April 12, 2009

The result of an African deluge.........

I needed to go to the bank, so off go the sandals, I know how to wade!

The bank is at Shopper's Plaza, and this is how things looked for blocks.

The water is clear to the top of the planter boxes, and there are lots of empty
parking spaces today.

This tree is flooded clear to where it branches out.

Anyone want to go shopping for a new car?




It is the rainy season in Africa, and boy does it know how to rain! It rained hard for two and a half hours on Wednesday and the pictures show the results. Traffic came to a standstill, and instead of cars, you really need something that floats.





3 comments:

A.J. said...

Maybe you can get a duck.(ducks float!)We got some the day before easter.They are two weeks old.

Josh n' Joni said...

That picture of you wading reminds me of Island Park when you went in after Andrew's shoe. ha!

And I thought it rained a lot in Kansas!

John Conley said...

Besides ducks, gravy and little tiny rocks float.
I'm just scared of the nasty water. I'd much rather play in Grandpa's irrigation water!